Join our Team as an On-Call Manager!
As one of our team members, the on-call manager is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services to our clients and works to ensure that all emergency issues receive an appropriate response. Normal business hours are 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday, outside of that time frame there is a small team of on-call managers who assist our caregivers and clients after hours and on the weekends. This position will triage calls to determine urgency and need for immediate response or referral. If replacement is necessary, manager is expected to utilize on-call caregiving staff or provide care.
- Paid Training
- Supplemental Insurance
- Simple IRA (match up to 3%)
- Continuous education
- Paid Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- May be required to conduct a new client assessment
- Work with internal and external resources to preserve dignity and sustain quality of life
- Document all proceedings and maintain necessary records
- Attend all training sessions and workshops when necessary
- Remain up to date on care needs or on-going issues through office staff communication and review of online communication logs
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must have great interpersonal skills, computer skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to react quickly to emergency situations and handle stressful situations.
- Must be flexible within their availability
- Must have positive attitude
- Experience as a caregiver in a personal or professional setting, with no less than 2 years.
- Must take initiative
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client and staff, as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast growing company.
- Must keep information confidential and readily available, with attention to detail and in accordance with HIPPA regulations
The right attitude, a willingness to work, and a true desire to help others are the most important requirements
- Must be 21 years old, a US Citizen or be authorized to work in the US
- Must be proficient in English and possess excellent reading and writing skills
- Must pass criminal background investigation
- Must have a valid driver's license, car insurance, and their own transportation
- Must have (or be in the process of obtaining) CPR and First Aid certifications
- Must have (or be in the process of obtaining) a TB test Availability on the weekends (5pm Friday through 9am Monday)
- Ability to use provided smartphone, tablet, or computer for the position
- Live close to Ann Arbor with the ability to cover a shift, if needed
- Use conflict resolution skills to resolve problems and address service issues
- Associates Degree and leadership experience or an equivalent amount of experience
- Previous experience working as a caregiver and in a staffing/scheduling or customer service position is a plus
- Previous experience in a triage environment helpful
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds
- Able to use tools necessary for job
Apply today! After we receive your resume, we'll call you for a telephone interview to get your employment process started. Following the quick telephone interview, we'll have you come into our office to fill out our application and have an in-person interview. Once background checks and reference checks are completed, we'll set up an orientation day for you and on that day you'll meet with the schedulers to assign clients.
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewatch Caregivers of Ann Arbor complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions