+ A

Walnut Creek Central and East Contra Costa County & Surrounding Areas

what is home care

Homewatch CareGivers of Walnut Creek and surrounding areas is a California licensed homecare provider; we are a non-medical in-home care provider as opposed to home health care, which includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and the like. What that means is our trained and friendly caregivers would come to your residence and care for your non-medical needs. For example, when your loved one’s is discharged from the hospital or rehab with a prescription of home health care or medical plan that might account for 2% of the needs you may have. The other 98% of your non-medical needs are met by our wonderful caregivers in the comfort and safety of your residence. We also specialize in care for those who has chronic conditions such as diabetes, dementia, COPD and Parkinson’s disease that needs help with daily living activities. Call us so we could help you understand home care better and how we could keep your loved one safe and happy in their familiar surroundings.

Home Healthcare

After a doctor’s visit or stay in the hospital, skilled care in the home is arranged in order to get you or a loved one back on your feet. Home healthcare includes:

home health care may include:
  • Skilled nursing
  • At-home physical therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Caring for wounds
  • Prescription management

Home Care

Home care is about sustaining and maintaining your loved one’s quality of life in their home by assisting with activities of daily living:

home care may include:
  • Help with personal grooming like bathing or getting dressed
  • Help with moving around and getting in and out of bed or the shower
  • Medication reminders
  • Help with errands and chores
  • Companionship and friendship so your loved one is not lonely
  • Help preparing meals

How do home care and home healthcare work together?

While a skilled home healthcare professional changes your loved one’s prescriptions, an in-home caregiver helps them remember to take medications day in and day out. A home healthcare agency can change your loved one’s therapy if it’s not working, and an in-home caregiver is there to encourage them to accomplish those therapies. At Homewatch CareGivers of Walnut Creek, our person-directed approach to caregiving helps an individual to the best of their current abilities so that they continue to feel empowered and fulfilled.