Financing Options & Programs
Assistance for Paying for In-Home Care
When deciding on any elderly care for your loved one, it’s important to consider and plan for the associated financial costs. If your loved one’s savings aren’t enough to cover the cost of home care, they may be able to take advantage of financial assistance and planning programs.
Home Care as Unique
as Your Loved One More About Our Caregivers
Homewatch CareGivers® can provide more information on:
- VA Aid & Attendance Benefits – Veterans are often eligible for additional senior discounts and for a VA pension. Spouses of veterans should also inquire about VA benefits.
- Long-Term Care Insurance – Most long-term care insurance policies can be used for home care services.
- Medicare – When a loved one needs long-term care, many people discover that Medicare offers very limited benefits, especially when it comes to day-to-day assistance.
- Medicaid – Medicaid provides federal assistance to people in need, as well as the elderly. However, even if a loved one does qualify for Medicaid, it may not be enough to cover everything they require, like specialized care for chronic conditions or assistance with everyday activities, like bathing and dressing.
- Emergency Back-Up Care – If elder care arrangements change or fall through unexpectedly, emergency back-up care can provide you with additional resources for family members of all ages. Back-up care benefits are sometimes offered through your employer and can be used for family members of all ages.
Typically, the cost of using a home care company such as Homewatch CareGivers depends on how many hours your loved one will need assistance, if they’re in need of any special services, or have a serious health condition.