Transitional In-Home Care
Sometimes individuals need to transition from home to community living. Until the time is right for the move, professional home care services can keep potential residents safe in their current home. At Homewatch CareGivers, we will customize a plan of care to include a safety and fall consultation to identify any risks or concerns.
Keeping Individuals Engaged
Gradually introducing the person to their new community makes the transition into a full-time resident more comfortable. Caregivers are dedicated to developing engaging relationships while the future resident is waiting for the move.
Bridging care from home to community involves:
- Establishing relationships and developing trust with community and staff
- Establishing friendships with existing residents
- Engaging in activities, meals, and outings
- Becoming familiar and comfortable with life at the community
In-home care between settings consists of:
- A fall risk assessment
- Medication reminders
- Healthy meal planning and preparation
- Transportation services to appointments and social outings
- Assistance shopping for groceries and other items
- Light housekeeping
- Laundry and linen changes
- Customized companionship
Caregivers receive ongoing specialized training, are insured, and are screened annually with extensive national background checks. Ensuring the safety and overall well-being of potential residents before and during the transition is the goal.