Days before the first candle of the menorah was lit, and several weeks before packages were destined to be placed under the tree, the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission came together to understand and help plan what’s ahead for our region.
There were many topics discussed at this meeting of the minds in early December, but one in particular stood out: the realization that the growth in need for home health and personal care aides (estimated to be at 30 percent) made this the fastest growing job in the valley.
As we reflect on the holiday season and prepare to usher in 2018, we know that the population is rapidly aging. Pew Research says roughly 10,000 baby boomers turn 65 every day, and more than half will eventually need some form of long-term care. What’s more, we know these seniors are looking to remain in their homes as they age, from Allentown to Bethlehem to Easton … and beyond.
With that being said, here are five things we wish for in 2018:
- The gift of companionship for all of those who want to stay at home. May you continue to cherish the familiarly of your surroundings and value your independence, but know we’re here to meet your needs.
- Continued superior quality of care. From our caregivers to your home, know that we always take into account the emotional and mental well-being of our clients.
- Accepting help when others offer it and asking for help when it’s needed. This goes for the person receiving care and for the caretakers.
- For our agency, helping new clients and families through continually streamlined workflows and improved efficiencies. We’re always striving to do better!
- For our caregivers, continued training, increased client communication and the continued delivery of essential information needed to ensure our clients receive the fastest, most reliable care possible.
Homewatch Caregivers offers the most comprehensive home care solutions in the greater Lehigh Valley and will continue to do so in 2018. If you’re looking for the best in quality care, contact us today.