- Provide care and companionship to the agency’s clients in accordance with the care plan and client service agreement.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living (ADL’s) in a safe and beneficial manner.
- May be required to perform light housekeeping.
- May be required to take clients to appointment or run errands.
- Must complete 12 hours of company-provided training per year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience as a caregiver in a home care setting or skilled facility.
- Must meet hiring criteria as defined in the agency’s minimum standards.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
- Must accept responsibility for maintaining skills and learning on an ongoing basis, as well as honoring agency policies.
- Caregivers do not administer medication or perform any procedures requiring the knowledge or skills of a licensed nurse or registered therapist.
- Must pass all background screenings with satisfactory results.
- Must possess effective communication skills.
Other Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week.
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Able to use tools necessary for job.
- Caregivers are not allowed to smoke in clients’ homes
Flexible hours, full time work available
Premium Holiday Pay
Paid drive-time plus mileage reimbursement between two clients on the same day
Supplemental insurance through Aflac
401(k) retirement plan
Online classes are available 24/7 and offer self-paced study and online testing with immediate scoring; 12 hours of paid annual coursework
Referral bonuses provided for caregivers and clients referred