Homewatch CareGivers of West Hartford Caregiver Jobs
Our Hiring Process - The Caregiver Way
It’s not just our caregivers that set Homewatch CareGivers of West Hartford apart from other companies with elder care services, but also our hiring and training practices for them. Our high standards are there to benefit the caregivers along with our clients and their families. This is a people business, and we put people first every step of the way.
Steps to Becoming a Caregiver
Maybe you will become our next in home caregiver, making a difference in the lives of others in your community. Once you have filled out an application to work as a personal care assistant, nurse aide, or home health aide, we take the following actions to ensure this is a good fit for all interested parties:
- 50-state multi-jurisdictional background check (each employee must be able to pass a criminal background and child abuse check)
- Drug testing
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) check for caregivers who will be transporting clients
- Reference checks
- Each caregiver is licensed, and insured
- Verification of education and certifications
- Verification of a valid driver’s license, car insurance and reliable transportation
Safety & Learning Matters
Going into an individual’s home to provide care can be a little awkward at first, so we have created an on-site training center that is a small home simulation. This center includes a kitchen, bedroom, and classroom space for training and practical skill building. New and current employees can brush up on skills like:
- Practicing proper transfer techniques
- Operating a Hoyer lift and hospital bed
- Bed baths
- Repositioning in bed or chair
- Ambulation assistance
If you have questions about our care or working with us, please just pick up the phone and call us at (860) 300-3822. We’d love to talk to you today!
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.