How Do I Know If I’m Eligible for a Veteran Community Care Program?
Since the passing of the VA Mission Act in 2018, veterans have had more access and expanded options when it comes to receiving home health care through a community provider.
You may be eligible to use a Veteran Community Care Program if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You receive prior veteran care approval before home care begins.
- You are enrolled in VA health care.
- You need an essential service not available at a VA.
- You live in a U.S. state or territory without a full-service VA nearby.
- Your local VA cannot provide care within certain access standards.
A Veterans Affairs staff member can determine your eligibility for Veteran Community Care programs. For more information about eligibility, visit VA.Gov Community Care.
The Customizable Services Offered to Veterans
Empowering veterans to live safely and comfortably at home is an aspect of home care support that we specialize in and take very seriously. We assist with everything from household chores and grocery shopping to transportation and meal preparation. Our professional and courteous home care professionals are here to guide you and help tailor home care services to your needs.
We offer some of the following home care services for veterans and their families:
- Companionship – Often, home care doesn’t involve medical intervention at all. Our companion care service allows you to spend much-needed social time with a caregiver who is dedicated to social engagement and mental stimulation.
- Personal care – Our team delivers solutions that help a veteran like you age in place and live at home safely, surrounded by friends, family, and the community you love.
- 24-hour care – Depending on program eligibility, we can be available 24 hours a day to offer home care assistance.
- Respite care – If you are caring for a veteran loved one but need to step away for any reason, our team of compassionate caregivers can step in and help for as long as you need.
Whether a veteran is physically or mentally in need of home care support, our reliable caregivers are ready to help with personalized home care options.
We are an approved provider for the Veterans Community Care Network. Our provider number (NPI #) is 1447694088. Get your in-home consultation by calling us at (404) 982-4189 today!
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.