Care Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week.
For the six months, I have used two caregivers from HomeWatch-CareGivers to care for my wife who has Alzheimer's disease. We met several times with Tanya F., who was very helpful answering our questions and make decisions about my wife's care.
We voted unanimously to go with HWCG. It was apparent to us, early on, that we made the right decision. The caregivers bonded well with my wife and both showed my wife a great deal of understanding; couple with treating her with dignity and respect.
Written by: Ed D
Do you have experience working as a caregiver or live-in caregiver?
Do you have a passion for taking care of others?
Would you like to work for a company that honors its employees as its most valuable asset?
If so come join our team of elite caregivers. With Homewatch CareGivers of North Coastal San Diego you’re not just another employee, you’re part of our family. We staff jobs in Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, La Jolla, Clairemont Mesa, and all over San Diego.
Homewatch CareGivers are looking for compassionate reliable caregivers, Nurse Aides, and Personal Care Assistants to care for our clients in the client’s home. Duties may include attendant care, activities of daily living and personal care, such as; assisting with grooming and toileting, meal preparation and feeding, engaging client in activities, light housekeeping, and transportation. Work as many or as few hours as desired. This is a great opportunity for mom’s getting back to the workforce.
*401k Plan with matching $$
Requirements Certification is a plus but is NOT Required. The right attitude, a willingness to work and a true desire to help others are the most important requirements.
•High School Diploma or GED
*CPR / 1st Aid
*TB test (over last year)
•Valid driver's license
•Car insurance and reliable transportation.
•Must be able to pass a criminal background, drug and child abuse check.
•Weekends work is required.
The Field Nurse manages client QA, caregiver QA and reviews, and is responsible for:
1. Ensures that all caregivers receive on-the-job training as needed for specific clients
2. Participates in ongoing training for caregivers during their employment with Homewatch CareGivers
3. Meets with new and prospective clients and performs an assessment of service needs
4. Creates a Care Plan for all new clients after assessment and updates Care Plans as needed
5. Reviews charting in spirals and companion charts for clients monthly
6. Meets with clients after service has started to ensure quality care
7. Communicates with case managers, caregivers, office staff, clients, family members, and other medical professionals about client’s needs and concerns
8. Makes scheduled or unscheduled visits with clients to perform nursing tasks requested by clients, family members, or office staff
9. Consults with the staffing manager regarding the supervision of services
10. Assists staff, caregivers, and clients with problem-solving related to Homewatch CareGivers services.
11. Consults on matters dealing with the health, safety, and welfare of Homewatch CareGivers clients
12. Provides training to the clients regarding their own care, when requested
13. Provides or arranges in-service training to staff and caregivers on health maintenance services
14. When requested, assesses the skill level of new caregivers and recommends additional training, if necessary
15. Performs client evaluations when requested
16. Performs the Quality Assurance visits on the above-mentioned cases not less than every 90 days
17. Approves the caregiver assignment in the above-mentioned cases
18. On-call responsibilites
19. Any other duty requested to maintain the operations of the business including caregiving duties
1. Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week
2. Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day
3. Able to lift 20-30 pounds
4. Able to use tools necessary for job
5. Able to communicate effectively
Home care jobs are available for those compassionate individuals looking to make a profound difference in the lives of our clients through caregiving. Our professionally developed training platform through Homewatch CareGivers University provides the knowledge and skills required to deliver the premier quality of home care services that has become the Homewatch CareGivers standard.
“When you work a job of joy, you don’t work a day in your life.”
-Beryl Clark, Homewatch CareGivers
Homewatch CareGivers® is a trademark owned by Homewatch International, Inc.™ and licensed for use to independently-owned franchised businesses that offer caregiver services to the public. All personal services, elderly care, caregiving and home care services offered OR provided under the Homewatch CareGivers™ mark are offered and provided only by independently-owned franchises and, where required, licensed OR registered businesses and care agencies.