For seniors, seemingly everyday things can cause potential danger: an open flame on the stove, smoking cigarettes, or heating equipment, can cause a fire that could lead to injury or death.
Luckily, home care can help.
Home care can help prevent fire hazards and keep your elderly loved ones safe by addressing the following:
- Install smoke-detecting alarms in every sleeping room and outside of any sleeping areas and check the batteries annually.
- Have your elderly loved one sleep on the first floor, when possible, to make an emergency escape easier and quicker.
- Do fire drills to prepare in the case of an actual fire, so your loved one knows what to do in case there is a fire in the home and she or he must evacuate.
- Keep a phone nearby at all times so your senior has easy access to dial out for help.
How do you plan for an emergency for someone who needs help with their daily activities? Click here to read more.
“They provided two of the most caring, attentive and genuinely ...”
“The experience with your company made my transition a lot more ...”
Here For You Always
Homewatch CareGivers was founded on the idea that individuals should receive kind, compassionate, and qualified care tailored to their unique needs and in their preferred surroundings. We know that it can be overwhelming to welcome a stranger into the home. Because of that, we train our professionals not just on high-quality care but on interpersonal relationships as well.
For the next 3 months we are offering complimentary access to the Homewatch CareGivers University. Click here to sign up!
We provide care for all ages and many situations, including:
- Advanced age
- Dementia or Alzheimer's disease
- Degenerative disorders, such as MS or ALS
- Post-surgery, including cosmetic, joint replacement, or heart surgery
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, COPD, or cancer
- Backup care for children
We strive to provide the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, insured, and bonded. What's more, we are ready to help you.
We create real connections with your loved ones to build a relationship and enrich their lives.
We promote the quality of life. When people feel heard and respected, they’re more apt to engage in their care.
We never forget that your loved ones are at the center of every decision, every activity, every day. We don’t just “do” for you and yours, we empower and include them.