Our in-home caregivers specialize in providing support for seniors. One way is by reminding them to take their medicine to stay healthy along with any dietary consideration associated with medicine.
Luckily, home care can help.
Here are some medication management tips our caregivers use:
- Keeping a detailed list of medications, including doses and dosage times. Include over-the-counter medications such as vitamins or any herbal remedies for your elderly loved one’s health care provider.
- Use a pill dispenser as a medication management system.
- Store medications properly in a cool, dry place, or any other place where they must be stored.
- Write a journal of any changes in the patient’s mood or behavior when new medications are introduced, dosages change, or certain pills are eliminated, to communicate to the client’s physician.
Learn more about how we assist with medication management and safety. Click here to read more.
“It’s great to see my mom enjoying her time with the caretakers.”
“The caregivers were outstanding going above and beyond during their care of my father.”
“Both care giver & office are very helpful & results / solution oriented.”
“Homewatch CareGivers feels like home!”
“Very positive! Have been able to help with needs on a very timely basis.”
Here For You Always
Homewatch CareGivers was founded on the idea that individuals should receive kind, compassionate, and qualified care tailored to their unique needs and in their preferred surroundings. We know that it can be overwhelming to welcome a stranger into the home. Because of that, we train our professionals not just on high-quality care but on interpersonal relationships as well.
For the next 3 months we are offering complimentary access to the Homewatch CareGivers University. Click here to sign up!
We provide care for all ages and many situations, including:
- Advanced age
- Dementia or Alzheimer's disease
- Degenerative disorders, such as MS or ALS
- Post-surgery, including cosmetic, joint replacement, or heart surgery
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes, COPD, or cancer
- Backup care for children
We strive to provide the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, insured, and bonded. What's more, we are ready to help you.
We create real connections with your loved ones to build a relationship and enrich their lives.
We promote the quality of life. When people feel heard and respected, they’re more apt to engage in their care.
We never forget that your loved ones are at the center of every decision, every activity, every day. We don’t just “do” for you and yours, we empower and include them.