Houston Galleria Dementia Care
Dementia Care Services in Houston Galleria
Dementia affects millions worldwide. According to the 2021 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures report, an estimated 6.2 million Americans 65 and older live with Alzheimer's dementia today. With new diagnoses every year, dementia poses a significant challenge for countless families nationwide.
Dementia is an umbrella term referring to specific symptoms that stem from various diseases. All forms of dementia share one commonality – a significant decline in cognitive processes that interferes with the ability to perform daily tasks (to varying degrees). As dementia progresses and worsens, it can affect how an individual receives external stimuli, performs executive functions, and recalls memories.
At Homewatch CareGivers of Houston Galleria, we are here to help you overcome the obstacles presented by dementia. Our caregivers understand how difficult assisting a loved one with dementia can be. We are here to accommodate your schedule, budget, and situational needs. We want to help you provide the best life for your loved one without sacrificing your wellbeing. Find increased balance with professional dementia care assistance today!
Our Houston Galleria dementia caregivers will develop a unique plan of care that will create a safe and comforting environment for your loved one. Call our Houston Galleria team at (713) 766-0908 to learn how our caregiving team can help!
Benefits of Professional Dementia Care Services
Our in-home care professionals have experience working with dementia in all its forms. We have the training and expertise necessary to spot underlying symptoms and adjust our care accordingly. Our dementia care services go far beyond rigid, uniform treatment. We personalize our approach to treat each client in a holistic manner that prioritizes emotional and psychological wellbeing.
Our unique plan of care and home safety audits help ensure:
- Total safety for your loved ones in and around their home
- Engaging in empowering daily tasks
- Offering assistance at the right time to avoid frustration
- Monitoring possible triggers like temperature, noise, or lights
- Adjusting daily routines based on the need for rest or silence
How Does Dementia Impact Daily Life?
Dementia is a progressive, incurable, and chronic disease. Its common signs and symptoms include:
- Memory loss
- Loss or impairment of basic motor skills
- Unusual sleepiness or lack of concentration
- In some cases, visual hallucinations are not uncommon
Dementia is caused by various diseases (Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, Vascular, Frontotemporal Disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob, etc.). The two most common causes are:
- Alzheimer’s Disease – With Alzheimer’s, degenerating brain cells will cause steady decline in memory and executive function. Physical deterioration can also occur due to impairment in motor skills.
- Lewy Body Dementia – Most individuals with Lewy body dementia will experience symptoms like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. Some may have vivid visual hallucinations, extreme daytime sleepiness, trembling, and zoning out.
We will create a care plan based on evolving symptoms. Our goal is to boost autonomy and happiness. We want every dementia patient we care for to live the best life possible at every stage. That is why we adjust our in-home dementia care to meet the symptoms as their progress.
Why People Choose Houston Galleria
People across the country choose Homewatch CareGivers of Houston Galleria for countless reasons. We truly care for the whole person, not just isolated conditions.
- Ensuring in-home safety
- Stimulating our clients with engaging activities
- Promoting independence by strategically assisting in daily tasks
- Incorporating physical activity whenever possible
- Providing peace of mind and compassionate care
See Our In-Home Service Reviews
We tailor our holistic caretaking services to each unique client – considering physical, emotional, and psychological conditions to provide comprehensive assistance. Our team will get to know your personal needs, financial situation, and schedule during our initial in-home visit. We will then create a caregiving plan factoring in everything.
Our attention to developing conditions doesn’t end once our services begin. We will continue to assess physical mobility and cognitive ability to boost independence and mitigate the risk of injury. Keeping tabs on evolving conditions is a responsibility we take very seriously. Our attention to detail is why we are unrivaled in the industry. Do not take our word alone – check out some of our glowing reviews!
Need professional in-home care services? Contact our Houston Galleria team at (713) 766-0908today!