About Homewatch CareGivers
Powerful Home Care Franchise Opportunities
In 1980, Homewatch CareGivers® was founded by Paul Sauer on the principle of delivering high-quality and compassionate care to people who needed home care services. Homewatch CareGivers provided senior care services in the Denver Metro area through the late 1990s and eventually began franchising upon realizing there was a greater need for quality home care services throughout the country. For nearly four decades, the Sauer family ran the company and continued to expand its national and international footprint.
Today, the original vision of being the premier provider of home care services continues under the ownership of parent company Authority Brands, LLC. Under Homewatch CareGivers’ Chief Operating Officer Jennifer Tucker, Homewatch CareGivers endeavors to strengthen its position within the continuum of care by preserving dignity, independence and safety for clients.
See more in the timeline below.
Our Company History Timeline
- 1980: Paul Sauer founds Homewatch CareGivers to provide premier home care services
- 1996: First Homewatch CareGivers franchise is sold in Boulder, CO
- 2002: Company begins franchising nationally and Franchise Support Center is established
- 2005: Homewatch CareGivers develops training and care standards for dementia care
- 2006: Franchisee Leann Reynolds, daughter of Paul Sauer, becomes president to expand company; Franchise Advisory Council (FAC) is established
- 2008: Homewatch CareGivers University launches
- 2012: Homewatch CareGivers partners with Eden Alternative and adopts a person-directed approach to care
- 2016: Julie Smith is named President and begins new growth strategy
- 2017: Homewatch CareGivers is acquired by Authority Brands; Julie Smith is named CEO; Care+ launches an innovative management platform that supports our approach to care
- 2019: Jennifer Tucker is named Chief Operating Officer