Are you Concerned about Your Elderly Relatives Living in West Orange?
Homewatch CareGivers of South Orange can provide the necessary compassionate care your loved ones deserve and need, in the comfort of their homes where they prefer to stay. Learn more about Homewatch CareGivers and the services we can provide to keep your senior relative safe and happy at home. Call (973) 755-0996 for a free consultation and speak to one of our experienced social workers to better understand how companion, hourly or live-in care can improve the quality of life for your loved one and the entire family.
Did you just spend time with your elderly parents during the recent holidays? Did you notice anything that made you concerned? Sometimes changes in our loved ones are more noticeable after not seeing them for awhile. A sudden change in health can sometimes impact a loved one’s ability to live safely on their own. Here are some questions and situations to consider when trying to help your loved one stay at home safely.
Keeping Your Senior Safe at Home
- Can they manage the stairs easily?
- Are there grab bars in the bathrooms?
- Is there a slip proof mat in the shower?
- Is there proper lighting throughout the home?
- Can they take care of their home on their own?
- Is your loved one suddenly prone to falls?
Activities of Daily Living
- Is your loved one preparing healthy meals and eating well?
- Is your loved one bathing on a regular basis?
- Can your loved one dress easily and appropriately on their own?
- Can your loved one get up from the bed/chair/couch, move well and safely?
- Is your loved one able to take medications properly?
· Is there someone nearby in case of need?
· Are medications posted on the fridge?
· Are emergency contacts listed clearly?
· Can your loved ones take care of themselves?
· Is your loved one making good decisions and choices?
· Is your loved one staying home alone without social interaction?
Whatever level of care is necessary for your elderly relative, our goal at Homewatch CareGivers is to help your senior loved one live life as independently as possible, while staying at home where they want to be. Through a personalized care plan, developed by our dedicated nurse, your loved one can live the life they’d like, with the assistance they need.
Helping Your Senior with Daily Elder Care
We match clients and caregivers to create a supportive and friendly relationship. Hourly, live-in, awake overnight, and companion care is provided by our licensed, certified home health aides. Our caregivers receive continuous supervision and training, so they can consistently learn how to do their job better. Their main concern is keeping clients safe and they know what to do when there is an emergency. Our aides help with any activities of daily living which could be a challenge for your loved one due to physical or cognitive decline. These services can include but are not limited to:
Our caregivers provide companionship and serve as a helpful friend to make life easier for seniors in West Orange and the surrounding towns of South Orange, Livingston, Millburn, Short Hills, The Caldwells, Roseland, Verona, Cedar Grove and more. Homewatch CareGivers has provided over 1300 client families with 3 million + hours of quality senior care in Essex, Union and parts of Passaic and Morris counties for thirteen years.
For more information on how Homewatch CareGivers of South Orange can help you care for your loved one in the safety of their home or residential facility, call (973) 755-0996.
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.