About Homewatch CareGivers of Columbia
The Story Behind Our Caregiving Services
Carl and Teresa Thurmond are driven by their own experiences and challenges while caring for their own family members. As owners of Homewatch CareGivers of Columbia, they aim to provide A+ services to clients, their families, and to the staff of experienced and compassionate caregivers on their team.
It can be helpful to know that the people you entrust the care of your loved one with have been in your shoes. Teresa has become a caregiver for her own mother, who had several strokes in 2016. “It is through this experience that my interest in providing unmatched services to those in need took root,” says Teresa, who spends three nights a week with her Mom who needs 24/7 care.
Carl’s father passed in February 2018 but was living with dementia in the latter years.
“Through this opportunity we hoped to be a beacon in the field,” Teresa says.
In addition to their own unique experiences, the Thurmonds oversee ongoing professional training of their staff, who they rely on to deliver quality in-home care that support well-being.
At Homewatch CareGivers® of Columbia, we’ve made it our mission in life to provide the best in-home care services available. Many of our dedicated professionals have witnessed firsthand the pain of watching a loved one struggle to find the caregiving services they need. We chose this field specifically to prevent others from undergoing similar experiences, in the hopes that we can provide quality service for those who need it.
When you contact Homewatch CareGivers®, you can expect to receive the following:
- Person-directed care: Our unique philosophy of “person-directed care” places the whole person at the center of our caregiving. We always take your loved one’s unique preferences and personality into account.
- Customized in-home care plans: Our caregivers know that no two people are the same – and that no two care plans should be the same, either. We’ll adapt our care strategy to suit your loved one’s ever-evolving needs.
- Trained and skilled professionals: Receiving over 12 hours of advanced field training each year in addition to annual background checks, our team members are constantly looking to improve the quality of care they can provide. We also perform regular check-ins to ensure that you’re getting the best possible service.
- Prompt communication: We value your time and go out of our way to provide prompt and courteous communication, no matter when you need us.
- 24/7 service options: When you’re in an emergency situation, you may have to find a care provider in a matter of hours. That’s why we promise to answer the phone 24/7 and place you with a caregiver as soon as possible.
Making Home Care Human Again: Our Promise to You
No matter what you’re going through, our team of Columbia in-home care professionals will strive to treat your family like we would our own. We know it can be so difficult to invite someone into your home, and we promise to take that responsibility seriously.
Some of the caregiving services we can provide at this location include:
- Post-surgery care
- 24/7 emergency care services
- Elder and senior care
- Hospital discharge
- Child care
- Personal care
- Dementia care
If you’re ready to speak with our professionals at Homewatch CareGivers® of Columbia, give us a call at 803.560.5153 any time of day. We offer free evaluations.