Personalized Connected Care
THINK PEACE Method
How Homewatch CareGivers Can Help Your Loved One
When a loved one living with dementia displays expressions of unmet needs, they are most likely trying to tell you that something isn’t quite right — your loved one may be hungry, in pain or tired. Caregivers can use the “THINK PEACE” method to identify the basic needs of their loved one that should be addressed when behaviors arise or are present.
An organized, familiar environment helps relieve anxiety commonly known to trigger behavior issues in the person living with memory impairment. A daily activity structure should be planned to help your family member better understand and relate to their environment, so when expressions of unmet need arise (paranoia, false ideas, catastrophic reactions, etc.), you’ll know to investigate.
The “THINK PEACE” method is something our caregivers use to avoid and eliminate common behavioral problems that can be applied when you’re the caregiver at home:
- Toilet: Your loved one may need to void but does not know where to go.
- Hunger: Your loved one may feel hungry or thirsty, and are in turn frustrated.
- Incontinence: Will cause your loved one discomfort, pain and embarrassment.
- Noise level: Is the environment too loud? Are too many people talking at once?
- Know: It’s important to keep in mind things about your loved one’s past, as they’re still the person you once knew.
- Pain: This can often be a problem. Simple things like shoes being too tight, a headache or arthritis aches can be an issue for people having difficulty expressing their needs.
- Environment: Is it too cold, too bright, too dark, too messy? Your loved one may respond drastically to such changes.
- Activity: Your loved one needs to be engaged throughout the day and evening. Boredom means behaviors.
- Crowded: Are there too many people in one room? Your loved one may become anxious when in a crowded environment.
- Exhausted: Your loved one may need to lie down and rest.
Contact Homewatch CareGivers® to learn more about how our “THINK PEACE” method can benefit you and your loved one.
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.