Homewatch CareGivers Dallas Hiring Process
The Caregiver Way
When it comes to hiring caregivers at Homewatch CareGivers serving Dallas, Texas, we are looking for a blend of learned and natural skills. We look for individuals—both men and women—who have a wide variety of skills that range from simple housekeeping to full personal care, and we also keep an eye and ear open for those traits that can’t be taught such as compassion, drive and dependability.
Steps to Becoming a Caregiver
As you might expect, we have a process to hiring caregivers who will be working closely with elderly and disabled individuals in the privacy of their homes. It’s within everyone’s best interest if we verify that our caregivers are suited to the job. Homewatch CareGivers of Dallas, Texas, does the following before hiring a new caregiver:
- We run a federal background check.
- We do in-depth professional reference checks from three different sources. This gives us insight into the work ethic, attitude, attendance and overall compassion for this line of work for this individual.
- We verify that the individual has one year of providing care. While Certified Nurse Aide status is preferred, it is not mandatory for all caregivers.
Safety & Learning Matters
Of course our job is to make sure our clients are safe in their homes, but our caregivers who visit these clients need to also be prepared and feel safe in doing their duties. Training our caregivers is an essential part of providing our clients with excellent care. Orientation and training include:
- Owner Wendy Raney meets caregivers during orientation to introduce them to the company’s mission. She continues to have a connection as she oversees most caregivers to their clients so she can observe them at work.
- During orientation, we train our caregivers on proper handwashing, proper glove techniques, ambulation assistance with a gait belt, and transfer with proper body mechanics.
- Monthly training on our exclusive Homewatch CareGivers University. These trainings include dementia care, HIPAA, completing a bed bath, proper body mechanics, how to deal with difficult behaviors, and effective communications.
Applying for a job should be an easy first step in finding a new opportunity. Please go over to our jobs page to being filling out a form. If you should have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (972) 891-8398.