Homewatch CareGivers of Wilmington Job Openings
Direct Care WorkerHomewatch CareGivers of Wilmington
Caregivers are DCW (Direct Care Workers) they are either PCP’s (Personal Care Providers) or CNA’s (Certified Nurse Aides). Caregivers must be reliable, dependable, honest, and caring. Caregivers are not allowed to smoke in clients’ homes and must have their own transportation. Some may need to take clients to appointments or run errands. This will require them to possess a valid driver’s license and to have current automobile insurance. Applicants must have background check before start. Caregivers must be observant enough to recognize changes in their clients, and be capable of alerting the appropriate personnel when necessary.
Caregivers provide paraprofessional services to the agency’s home care clients, as assessed in the care plan and in compliance with the client’s Service Agreement.
Scope of Position
Reports to Homewatch CareGivers supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Experience as a caregiver in a home care setting or skilled facility.
- Must meet hiring criteria as defined in the agency’s minimum standards.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
- Must accept responsibility for maintaining skills and learning on an ongoing basis, as well as adhering to agency policies.
- Does not administer medication or perform any procedures requiring the knowledge or skills of a licensed nurse or registered therapist.
- Must pass all background screening with satisfactory results.
- Responsible for assisting the agency’s clients with their personal care needs in accordance with the care plan.
- Responsible for assisting clients with activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner and must possess effective communication skills.
- Able to work an average of 15-40 hours per week.
- Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
- Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Able to use tools necessary for job.
Flexibility with you schedule
You have a life, we get it. We work with you to create flexible schedules to create a work life balance.
You talk. We listen.
You are the eyes and ears in the homes of clients. What you see and hear helps inform our clients’ experience and well-being.
We support you
Our comprehensive training provides you with the skills you need to be successful.
No extra paperwork
You will be able to use our caregiver app to manage your shift and provide feedback to the office.
“Homewatch CareGivers is a good company to work for because they are very understanding and they treat their employees with love and respect.”
“I chose to work for Homewatch CareGivers over other options because they offered more hours and better training.”
“The training from Homewatch CareGivers was helpful for me because when I got into the homes of the clients, I know everything that I need to know about how to care for my clients.”
“Homewatch CareGivers helped me feel more confident in my abilities.”