Our Hiring Process
The Caregiver Way
You may be looking for a job in health care or looking for care for your loved one and have questions about our caregivers. Homewatch CareGivers of Birmingham, Alabama is transparent in telling you about our expectations and requirements of our caregivers who provide senior care in our community. Working as a caregiver should be a rewarding and fulfilling job, and hiring a caregiver should give you peace of mind that you or a loved one is in safe hands.
Steps to Becoming a Caregiver
It’s simple: we are looking for someone with a caring heart who has experience in a caregiver setting. There are some basic requirements to meet before being hired to work for us and meet with any of our clients. Before applying with us, please take a look at what tests will be needed:
- All employees must pass a federal background check.
- All employees must pass a state background check.
- We will conduct a social security trace.
- We will conduct a motor vehicle and driver’s license check.
- We will do a reference check to verify past employment and make sure that the employee is a good fit for the job.
- There is a phone interview, followed by 1-2 in person interviews before hiring.
- We verify that our caregivers are Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) or Personal Care Providers (PCPs).