Now that 2020 has begun, we took a look back at what our readers were most interested in last year. Here are the top five blogs based on page views from 2019:
1. Our most read blog in 2019 was, “The 4 Most Surprising Bathroom Hazards for the Elderly” which highlighted four risk factors that are often overlooked when make a home safer for a loved one. When was the last time you had a professional adjust the water heater thermostat to avoid any hot water burns?
2. Another popular read was, “Busted! Caregiving Myths” which took a look at common perceptions of caregiving life and explained what’s really going on. For example, traditional health insurance does not cover caregiving costs. We broke down the types of insurance and benefits that can pay for in-home non-medical care services.
3. Speaking of payment types, our blog, “Medicare, Medicaid, and Home Care” was also of interest to our readers. There are ongoing changes with Medicare, and specifically Medicare Advantage plans, which may be able to cover some caregiving expenses. Given the potential out-of-pocket savings, it’s understandable that this article attracted so many people.
4. With the number of people being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, it’s no surprise that our blog, “Decrease Your Alzheimer’s Disease Risk” ranked high. A new study found that a combination of lifestyle factors can significantly reduce the likelihood of developing dementia.
5. Another study related to Alzheimer’s disease led to our fifth most read blog, “Could Your Next Eye Exam Point to Alzheimer’s Disease?” There are many reasons why a person may develop dementia, and it may go undetected for years until symptoms are quite pronounced. However, there may be a way to detect it years before the first symptoms with a routine eye exam.
Thanks for reading all of our blogs and we can’t wait to see what you like best this year!