Our Hiring Process in East Stroudsburg
The Caregiver Way
What makes a great caregiver? At Homewatch CareGivers of Stroudsburg and Poconos, PA, we enjoy working with people who are passionate about helping others and have seen how this quality, combined with patience and good communication skills, can make for the best caregiver. We add to these assets with professional training through our own online university so that our caregivers can meet the different needs of our clients.
Steps to Becoming a Caregiver
Caregiving is personal work so we strive to make everyone involved feel at ease. This begins with some routine checks that are in place to make certain that both caregiver and client are confident in their arrangement. Our Human Resources Specialist verifies the following for each potential new caregiver:
- One year of caregiving experience (preferred)
- State background check
- Driver’s license check
- Every caregiver must pass a two-step PPD skin tuberculosis test
- Applicants who have not lived in Pennsylvania for the past two years, must do a FBI fingerprint background check
- Reference checks, both professional and personal
Safety & Learning Matters
Caregiver responsibilities may include meal preparation and feeding, light housekeeping, transportation, assisting with grooming and toileting. Due to the personal nature of some of this care, we require that each caregiver take a series of course on our Homewatch CareGivers University during their orientation.
- Abuse and Neglect of the Elderly: Observation, Reporting and Documentation
- An Introduction to Infection Control
- HIPAA Privacy Standard for Everyone
- Managing Problem Behaviors Day-to-Day
- Residents’ Rights
- Smart Safety – Safe Driving
- OSHA Ergonomics: Lifting and Moving for Home Health & Hospice
You can find out more about our current job openings, in home care services and the basics of our hiring process by calling Homewatch CareGivers at (570) 258-8830.