Facts & History
Some Quick Company Facts & Overview of Our History as a Caregiver Agency
- Company Headquarters: 7100 E. Belleview Ave., Suite 101 Greenwood Village, Colorado 80111
- Date Founded: 1980 by Paul Sauer; began franchising in earnest in 2002
- Number of Franchise Partners: 109 (as of January 2018)
- Number of Locations (Territories): 193 (as of January 2018)
- Number of Countries Served: 7 (United States, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Mexico)
- Number of States Served: 33 (as of January 2018)
- Number of Employees in Network: approximately 5,500
- Number of Employees at HQ: 25
Our awards and recognitions include:
- Franchise Business Review (FBR) 2018 Top Franchise
- FBR Hall of Fame Inductee 2018
- Franchise Gator Top 100 Franchises 2018
- Military Times Top Franchises for Veterans 2017
- Entrepreneur rankings: #181 of Top 500 Franchise Companies (2016), #169 in 2015, #165 in 2014, #149 in 2013, #171 in 2012 and #183 in 2011
- Franchise Business Review: Top 50 in Franchise Satisfaction (2008-2016)
- Colorado Companies to Watch: Finalist (2014, 2013)
Home Care as Unique
as Your Loved One More About Our Caregivers
Paul Sauer’s simple premise sparked the vision for Homewatch CareGivers back in 1980.
From time to time, people need a little help; I wanted to build a successful and fulfilling business around providing people the help they need.
And that’s just what he did. He fully developed the business model in the Denver market, providing comprehensive home care, such as house sitting and domestic services, personal care and homemaking support for the elderly, rehabilitative care, special care for the developmentally disabled, child care and transportation services. In fact, it was so successful that in 1996, he sold his first franchise in Boulder, Colorado.
Even as the company expanded when he began selling franchises nationally in 2002, Paul stayed true to his founding principles and the core values he established as the foundation of the company: integrity, compassion and a commitment to delivering the highest service.
For the first three decades, the Sauer family ran the company and continued to expand the company’s national and international footprint.
Today, the founder’s vision of being the premier provider of home care services continues under the ownership of Authority Brands, LLC. Homewatch CareGivers, LLC CEO Julie Smith is leading the company to new growth and change in the industry.