Facts & History
Some Quick Company Facts & Overview of Our History as a Caregiver Agency
- Date Founded: 1980 by Paul Sauer
- Number of Franchise Owners: 109 (as of June 2020)
- Number of Locations (Territories): 210 (as of June 2020)
- Number of Countries Served: 7 (United States, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Mexico)
- Number of States Served: 33 (as of June 2020)
- Number of Caregivers Employed by Our Local Offices: approximately 4,538
- Number of Employees at HQ: 12
Our awards and recognitions include:
- Franchise Business Review (FBR) 2018 Top Franchise
- FBR Hall of Fame Inductee 2018
- Franchise Gator Top 100 Franchises 2018-2019
- Military Times Top Franchises for Veterans 2018
- Entrepreneur’s 2017 Top Franchises for Veterans: #116
- Home Care Pulse Endorsed National Provider 2019
- Home Care Pulse Best of Home Care Endorsed National Provider 2014-2019
Home Care as Unique
as Your Loved One More About Our Caregivers
Paul Sauer’s simple premise sparked the vision for Homewatch CareGivers back in 1980.
“From time to time, people need a little help; I wanted to build a successful and fulfilling business around providing people the help they need,” he said.
And that’s just what he did. He fully developed the business model in the Denver market, providing comprehensive home care, such as house sitting and domestic services, personal care and homemaking support for the elderly, rehabilitative care, special care for the developmentally disabled, child care and transportation services. In fact, it was so successful that in 1996, he sold his first franchise in Boulder, Colorado.
Even as the company expanded when he began selling franchises nationally in 2002, Paul stayed true to his founding principles and the core values he established as the foundation of the company: integrity, compassion and a commitment to delivering the highest service.
For the first three decades, the Sauer family ran the company and continued to expand the company’s national and international footprint.
Today, the founder’s vision of being the premier provider of home care services continues under the ownership of Authority Brands, LLC. Homewatch CareGivers, LLC CEO Julie Smith led the company to new growth and change in the industry, before departing in 2019. COO Jennifer Tucker leads the company today.