About Homewatch CareGivers of Richmond
I am John Bonner, proud owner of Homewatch CareGivers of Richmond. RVA has been home to me for just about my entire life as my family moved here from New Jersey at a very early age. I could not be happier with the decision my parents made decades ago to come to RVA. I have truly enjoyed growing up here, raising my family here, and I am very excited to see what my growing hometown will look like in the next decade.
After an almost 20-year career in medical device sales, I wanted a change that would allow me to not only have a larger say in my career, but to be part of an organization that would bring me personal satisfaction knowing that our team is making a difference in people’s lives. HWCG of Richmond has been in business since 2005 and after looking closely at the opportunity, I knew it was a business that checked all the boxes for me professionally and personally.
I came into this business not only as an owner, but as a client. After my father had a stroke, my family had to face the very difficult decisions that needed to be made regarding aging and their care. They each had very different needs and sorting through all the information that was available was initially very overwhelming. We understand the emotional toll this takes on a family and we further understand the difficult task of choosing care for the people you love. My personal experience, and that of our staff, gives a unique understanding and perspective in how to provide the best possible care to our clients and their families.
Our guiding principle is to provide our clients with the kind of service that we would want for our own families. We understand how it feels to bring someone into your home when there is a need for professional care and we make every effort to match our clients with the right caregiver. We strive to give our caregivers a great place to work, where they feel valued and part of our extended family. By doing so, we know our caregivers will extend those feelings to our clients.
We specialize in the following types of care:
- 24-hour care – short or long term care
- Alzheimer’s care for those suffering from dementia and related illnesses
- Support for families who have engaged hospice services for a loved one
- Chronic care for the disabled and those with diseases and chronic conditions
- Assistance after release from hospital or rehabilitation center when recovering from injury or illness It is our goal to make home care as affordable as possible. There is no term to our service agreement, meaning you can cease services at any time. We offer flexible payment arrangements as well. We can file claims for all Long- Term Care insurance carriers, and if there is financial hardship we may accept an assignment of benefits.
We would welcome the opportunity to arrange a meeting with you and your family to discuss home care options that are available. There is no cost or obligation for a consultation/assessment of home care needs by a member of our team. We can be reached at (804) 294-3391.
Thank you for taking the time to read a bit about ‘our story’ and we hope to be the organization of choice with you or a loved one’s home care needs in the future. - John
We are committed to ensuring your rights and privileges as a healthcare client. We never miss a chance to love our clients!