Our Hiring Process
The Caregiver Way
Caregivers, you rock! We are so excited that you are considering work in the senior care business with us at Homewatch CareGivers of Ann Arbor. Professional in-home dementia caregivers have much to give to their fellow community members who may need a little help with daily activities like meal preparation, light housekeeping, bathing, and being a companion. As with any job, there are some required skillsets, checks, and training.
Steps to Becoming a Caregiver
While we do prefer that our caregivers be a Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide, we also understand that everyone has to start somewhere in their career. People who are self-motivated and able to work well with a team, will stand out to us as candidates. Before hiring any new caregiver, we confirm the following:
- National background check
- ICHAT background check in Michigan
- Proof of successful TB tests
- Sex offender background checks
- Reference checks to verify accurate previous employment and character information
- Proof of reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Proof of CPR and First Aid certification
- Proof that you are authorized to work in the United States
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.