Food Safety for Seniors
Food Safety Provided by the Experts at Homewatch CareGivers
Some of the changes associated with aging, such as sensory perception and sometimes dementia can put seniors at risk of getting a food-borne illness. Homewatch CareGivers helps with healthy meal planning and prep to keep your loved one healthy. Clients are included in meal planning, shopping and preparation if they like.
Food Safety Also Includes:
- Checking expiration dates on perishable foods
- Cleaning out the refrigerator
- Assisting with grocery shopping to ensure healthy foods will be easily accessible in the home
- Applying easy-to-see expiration stickers on food items
- Coordinating with meal delivery services, for example Meals on Wheels
- Assisting in preparing nutritious meals
- Rearranging kitchen utensils and/or items so they are easier to reach
Providing the highest quality of care at an affordable cost. Our local caregivers are trained, background-checked, and insured. This is our promise to you.About Our Caregivers
We conduct annual background checks on all local caregivers.
We provide at least 12 hours annually of employee training.
We perform in-person Quality Assurance visits at least every 90 days.
We conduct satisfaction surveys to monitor the level of care provided.
Homewatch CareGivers is Here to Help.